Sunday, November 10, 2013

Partitioning Using the Wizard in SQL Server

In my earlier articles of the series, I discussed what partitioning in SQL Server is; the different kinds of partitioning options that we have, why and when we should go for partitioning and what benefits partition table/index provides. Then I talked about different partitioning concepts, such as partition function, partition scheme, guideline on choosing partitioning column and creating partition on a table or index. We also learned about partitioned index and how an index is aligned and storage aligned with the base table partitioning.
In my last article of this series, I provided a step-by-step guide on creating a partition table/index using T-SQL commands. In this article I am going to provide you a step-by-step guide on creating partition table/index using the Wizards in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and talk about Partition Aligned Index Views. For more details, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment