Sunday, November 10, 2013

Managing Slowly Changing Dimension with MERGE Statement in SQL Server

In my last article I talked about Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) Transformation, which is available out of box in the SSIS toolkit and can be used easily and configured quickly for managing smaller slowly changing dimension. The Slowly Changing Dimension Transformation is good if you want to get started easily and quickly but it has several limitations (I talked about these limitations in my last article, Managing Slowly Changing Dimension with Slow Changing Transformation in SSIS) and does not perform well when the number of rows or columns gets larger and larger.
In this article I am going to talk about some of the alternatives that you can take for managing larger slowly changing dimensions. For more information click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment