Monday, December 27, 2010

Upgrading Data Tier Applications in SQL Server 2008 R2

In my last article, Creating Data Tier Applications in SQL Server 2008 R2, I gave you an overview of Data Tier Applications, then I talked about how it differs from database projects and finally I showed how you can create a DAC package using Visual Studio 2010 and SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Studio (SSMS). In another article, Deploying Data Tier Applications of SQL Server 2008 R2, I talked about the different methods of deploying Data Tier Applications.
Changes are inevitable and like many other things in life, your application will also change over time, either to add new objects, update existing objects, drop deprecated objects, etc. So now, the question is how to upgrade an already deployed Data Tier Application to a newer version; what are different methods available for upgrade and what considerations should you take? Click here for more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment